Wednesday, August 11, 2010

High on Lone Mountain Top!

Sounds like things are going good over there. 100 degrees? Pshaw. Thats like everyday here haha. Actually, it's been a pretty mild summer and I have a car so I am NOT complaining.

It's was a really rough week last week but we made it. This week should be much better. We started out this week by hiking to the top of Lone Mountain on Monday morning. We had a devotional up there with the whole zone. We started off by singing "High on Lone Mountain Top". Then all the DL's gave trainings on various subjects. We had a testimony meeting and ended the morning by facing Vegas and singing "Behold a Royal Army" at the top of our lungs. We planned this out because our zone is doing very well this month. We have a lot of people set with baptismal dates (not me :( I'm trying!). We wanted to help the Zone be more unified. The Lone Mountain zone is pretty small so we are pretty close to one another. But we wanted to make this a turning point for the missionaries and "make it happen" our motto for the month. We want to see all the people we have set with dates to go down. We are all praying for it. This month should be very successful. We just gotta fight the good fight, finish the course, keep the faith and make it happen!

The Temple today was uh-mazing of course. I went in with a question and I came out with my answer. haha I love it. It was a neat experience. I was kinda troubled while going through the seesion today. Just thinking about different things, reflecting back on stuff. Then while I was in the Celestial room pondering the question I had, I looked over on the table and saw the Book of Mormon. I saw that it was bookmarked somewhere in the middle of it. Then I felt the strong prompting to look at the book marked page and got my answer. It was amazing. My troubles and stress just melted away. Just the right scripture i needed to read. Just for me. It was the right place at the right time. Coincidence? I think not! I know not.

I know that Heavenly Father answered my prayers and he will answer yours. Just be patient and look. He knows you and Loves you. I know that Christ lives. With Him anything is possible. Make it happen.

Elder Richards

No comments:

Post a Comment