Monday, August 2, 2010

Dancing for rain

Hey thanks for the pictures. They were pretty funny. Keith looks like a stick figure. Everyone looks pretty much the same. Utah is lame though. Vegas rocks. And how come the Reds are doing so well this year while I'm gone? I keep hearing about them. People tell me about them when they find out where I'm from. I miss going to the ball park. If I go back to Reno, I will have to get permission to go to the ball park up there.

Funny story. We went to see one of our eternigators, the Lindleys. We've been seeing them for awhile now. They've gotten used to me now. It's always weird for people when they switch missionaries. Anyway she asked me out of nowhere If i was a trouble maker in school. I had to laugh. She is a substitute teacher so she deals alot with it. She said that I looked like a trouble maker. What would make her say that? :) I explained to her that the real trouble maker was my brother, Scott. She laughed then and said that all of the trouble makers are either named Scott or Micheal. haha now that I think back on it, that is so true.

So this week we went to Mt. Charleston. It was legit. 20 degrees cooler and green! yaya. We pretty much tracted the whole mountain up there. We passed out a lot of Book of Mormons and we found a new investigator up there, Walt. When we first met him he didn't seem too excited. But when we told him about the Book of Mormon he perked up. The missionaries before us tracted into this guy and gave him a Book of Mormon so we were following up on him. He actually read it a little bit he said. We went in and taught him the first lesson. We were able to apply the things we learned from the extreme leadership meeting last week. It really did help. The Spirit was very powerful and I can't wait to get back up there and teach him again.

Another experience at Mt. Charleston. We were walking up a hill. Then I heard some guy pouring concrete and chopping wood. I wanted to go talk to him but at the same time I didn't want to interupt him in his work. I stood there for a little bit trying to decide what to do. Then I said to myself "what would Paul do?" he would go and talk to him and teach him about Christ. Then I thought "what would Christ do?" I rememberd Christ when he was on the earth told those fishermen who were busy "come follow me and I will make you fishers of men." Then I knew what I had to do. I went and shared my testimony with the man. His name was Andy and we had a nice conversation about the Gospel. He wasn't interested but I'm glad that I talked to him. I would have regretted it if I didn't talk to him.

It is our job to go teach and testify to EVERYONE. Even if they aren't prepared to hear the message right now... you have planted the seed and they will remember you. We are all fishers of men. let us go forth and testify of the truth. Christ lives. He is risen.

Love
Elder Richards

No comments:

Post a Comment