Monday, June 14, 2010

Crazy Holly

Whoa, that's crazy what happened to Joyce. I think I will write her a letter. I'll just send it to you and you can take it over to her.

Our week was pretty crazy. Lots of stuff going on. The weather has been amazing the past couple of days. We are trying to get this area going again. It's kinda hard. All of our investigators just didn't seem to be home this week. But we did see other people.

We got a referral from HQ last week. Her name is Holly. She's 17 and she's crazy. She lives at the foot of Mt. Charleston and she won't stop calling me. Oh my goodness she drives me crazy sometimes. But other times we have nice spiritual conversations. It's so weird that we cover that area. Mt. Charleston is a 40 min drive from where we are. But it's still in the Valley Vista Ward. It's so weird because we went to see her once and she kept bashing with us. She kept telling us that "ya guys aren't Christian, ya Mormons." We tried explaining to her so many times that Mormons are Christians but " I read this article on Wikipedia and they say you aren't Christians." Kill me now.

Elder Sellers and I cover the ward that Cameron Steele is in. Apparently Cameron is a famous singer... I don't know much about him actually. We ran into him at Cafe Rio and he invited us over sometime this week. So that's cool I guess.

I was able to see a lot of old friends in my previous areas. That was way awesome. It felt like home. I was able to see the Toblers and the Malones. Chelsey Young, Kim Farichild and Courtney Garcia. I even ran into Ruby at a CVS. Ruby was a girl who lived in our apartment complex when I was with Elder Touchin. Her and her friends would play racquetball with us sometimes and would ask us questions about the Church. It was nice to see her again. All of these wonderful people that I haven't seen in over 10 months. It was great to finally see them after so long of a time. I love them all and like I said, it felt like home.

The Church is still true. I love ya.
Elder Richards

No comments:

Post a Comment