Tuesday, June 2, 2009

She loves my magic (everyone does)

Hola,
First thing, my bike is in but I have to wait till tomorrow to go get it. The comfortable seat is a good idea, thanks. My bum hurts. Thanks for the stamps.

This week I feel like we accomplished a lot. There is a lot of potential work going on, but I feel that we can get some new investigators soon. We moved a disabled war veteran named Patrick. He is really cool. It took us like 7 hrs to move him though. It took up a lot of our day. It took so long because there were only 4 of us there. Later on another couple of missionaries came and it sped up. On the way over to Patrick's storage unit we taught him the Plan of Salvation. He really liked it. Elder Scott is convinced that he will be baptized soon. But the only problem is that Patrick may not be in our area much longer. He's kinda homeless. We are working with the Bishop to get him a place to rent for like a month.

Yesterday, on Sunday, we had to bike to Church again. Elder Scott was soo mad because we have to wear our suits on Sunday. He says that this rarely happens. I guess I'm just bad luck. After Church we were able to set up a appointment with a girl named Miley at a member's home. She was at Church last week but she got away from us after Sacrament. She loves my magic (everyone does). So Elder Scott was like "he will show you a magic trick if you let us come over and teach you." It worked.

I got these awesome Care Bear cards because I'm not allowed to have face cards. It's not a mission rule, it's a Toblers' rule. Did I tell you about the Toblers? They are the member family we are staying with. They are really cool. They have 2 kids, Taft and Tarren, who I just found out recently that they are adopted. It's weird because I wouldn't have thought that.

We had to teach the lesson in gospel principles again. That is another reason Elder Scott was mad. I thought it went well. I have really noticed a change in my teaching. I have noticed that promise in D&C about opening your mouth and the Spirit will talk through you. It is happening more and more. I don't think about what to say anymore. I trust in the Lord and the Spirit tells me what to say the moment I need it.

After Church we had dinner with Dan Jenkins family (there are 2 Jenkins in the Ward and 3 Williams--it's so confusing). We had steak. We always have steak. It's either steak or leftover pizza. But, I'm a missionary. I'll eat anything. ha ha Brother Jenkins looks like Christian Bale. He says he gets that all the time. He is a really cool guy though. His kids are soo funny. They have a girl and two boys. His wife made this amazing chocolate cake with caramel and whip cream and toffee on top. mmmmmmmmmmm.

Well that's pretty much it. It's still hot here. It did almost rain a couple of times. Weird, they only get 4 inches a year here in Vegas. I gotta go now. There is a line of missionaries behind me now who keep poking me. I haven't been on that long, geez. That's why I cant spend time fixing the punctuation, sorry.
Love you all. Elder Richards

No comments:

Post a Comment