Monday, June 15, 2009

I get macked in the face--thrice

Hello
I told you Cole looked like Brian. Weird. I kinda freaked out the first time I met him. I was like "I came on a mission to get away from my family (not completely true) and I am serving with someone named Elder Scott who acts like Scott? And I'm working with a recent convert who looks exactly like Brian?" Weird.

The pyramid is the Luxlor. It's this huge pyramid hotel thing that I will never be able to see the inside because I'm not allowed on the strip. There is a huge light on top of it that points straight into the sky and it's on all day and night. They say it gets soo hot that it will burn up anything over it. Kris Angel did some stupid thing where he levitates over it. Pshaw. So fake. You can look it up on youtube.

My farmer's tan is even more amazing now.

We got bunkbeds now. I sleep on top but it's cool. The ceiling fan is right above my head. I can't stretch out too far on my bed, though or I get macked in the face. I already have. Twice. Thrice.

We only go to the temple once every 3 months. I will probably still be here for the next one so you can send them. Well, send them later because I dont want to lose them.

I did get Ellen's letter. It was short and sweet, thank you. Man, mail is really important to a missionary. It's kinda lame, though, because Sister Tobler is the only one who gets the mail, but she doesn't check it everyday! She gets mad sometimes when we ask her if we got any mail. Haha, she can be scary. Brother Tobler can be scarier though.

I got my first popped tire on Saturday. But we fixed it. We got these slime innertube things where they are supposed to fill punctures in if it happens. I think its balderdash, but they were the only kind at Walmart.

Oh my gosh, Transformers 2 is coming out and some of the members just cant stop reminding us. I really don't care a whole lot but still. I hear Star Trek was awesome--even for people who don't like Star Trek. I don't know, I've never seen it. And I won't be seeing it for awhile. Bummer.

By the way could you get me the Jarett Weddle's email address? and the Steffens? and Keith? and other friends email addresses. Please. It's not a rule here that only family members can email.

I need some more stamps too.

Oh, Im forwarding an email from this person who sells mini Preach My Gospel. I need one because my big one doesnt fit in my bag. It would help out a lot. They are only $20. She sends it straight here to me. But she only takes Paypal and I know we have a account right? Anyway, could you just do that for me? Thanks.

Elder Scott's friend who served as a missionary where he lives (New York) came and took us out to lunch to a place called East Side Pizza, which is the closet to NY pizza that you can get here. They fly in their dough from NY. It's actually really really good.
Craig (Elder Scott's friend) lives here in Vegas. He is really cool. Oh, he knows the lead singer of Panic at the Disco because they went to high school together. The lead singer, Brendon, I think, is a member, just inactive. We might go meet him the next time Craig comes down. Make sure you tell Scott because he will be super jealous. Haha.

Thanks for everything.

love,
Elder Richards

No comments:

Post a Comment