Monday, October 4, 2010

Sick with it

I got the shirts. They are nice. I'm going to burn the nasty gray ones. I didn't get the cards yet.
The house looks good. I miss that tree a little bit though.

Here is my favorite quote [from General Conference] by Elder Arnold. "You stupid Cow!" that was by far the funniest line I have ever heard over the pulpit at General Conference.

My favorite talk was about Pride by President Utchdorf. Man, it was legit. I also liked the talk about the Right, Responsibility and Results of Choice by President Monson. It got me pondering. I loved all of the talks though. They all made me ponder.

Jackie is doing well and still progressing towards her baptismal date. We may have to push the date for her baptism back a week because of some building conflicts. I'm not too worried about it. Like you said, there is no reason to worry about something before it happens.

We also have a new investigator McKayla. She is the niece of our Ward Mission Leader. She is 9 years old and VERY smart. It's mind boggling how much she understands and accepts. There is an interesting background on McKayla and how she was introduced into the Church. Her father is in Florida right now for school. Our Ward Mission Leader called him one day and asked him if it was alright if he brought his daughter to Church with him. He was strongly against it. But then a week later he called our Ward Mission Leader again and told him it was ok. McKaylas father had run into some missionaries in Florida. He started taking the lessons and he was baptized in 3 weeks. He has been reading the Book of Mormon every night and he is encouraging his daughter to go now. It's so amazing how the Lord prepares his children to hear the Gospel.

We got transfer calls. Elder Kraft and I are both staying for another 6 weeks. I'm pretty excited about this upcoming transfer. The BoM challenge went pretty well. Rice's zone passed out more but our ratio is better. we had about 7 BoMs per missionary. They had about 2 per missionary. Oh well. it was a great experience for Elder Kraft and I. We didn't win but that's not what matters. It's about the people who received the Book of Mormon. The Church is true.

Elder Richards

No comments:

Post a Comment