Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Agency

Funny thing about that toy you found. I think i buried it there. So you've found it! and Ive decided that I'm never coming home. I'm going to be one of the 3 Nephites of the mission. Sorry to disappoint Charmander.

We went to the Temple today. I don't know if I mentioned that to you or not. and I messed up. I completely forgot the Temple cards you sent me. Sorry. I feel kinda bad about it because those people will have to wait a little bit longer. I hope they will forgive me someday.

I got the package thank you.

The Temple was very inspirational of course. It's still amazing and I've learned a lot.

I've been learning a lot about Agency, the freedom to choose between good and evil. It's a subject that keeps coming back to the front of my mind. I think I finally understand the importance of it. I always understood what agency was and it's role in the great Plan of Salvation. But now it goes deeper than that. The ability to choose is such a sacred blessing to me. We have a loving Heavenly Father who has given it to us. That is why He could not choose Satan's plan. If we all were forced into Heaven then we wouldn't be as happy. When I choose the right, it brings the Spirit into me and I become happier. And I choose the right because I love God. That's the biggest thing I've learned this week. That there is a direct correlation between agency and happiness. When we choose the right we feel happy because we are following the example of the Savior. When we are disobedient, we lose the companionship of the Holy Ghost and thus become unhappy and miserable like Satan.

I hope and pray that I can continue on the straight and narrow path. We cannot afford to take detours wherein there may be no return. We must hold fast to the iron rod and exercise our great gift of agency. And I know that as we exercise our gift of agency for good, that we can receive an even greater gift which is eternal life, which gift is the greatest gift of God. Press forward saints with steadfast faith in Christ!

Elder Richards

No comments:

Post a Comment