Monday, October 18, 2010

Soylent Green is People!

Areas I have covered:
West Oquendo Ward in South Stake
Meadows 1st and 3rd in Meadows Stake
then to Reno stake Mount Rose and South meadows
then to Sparks Stake for only 6 weeks.
now I'm in Lone Mountain Stake, Providence, Valley Vista and Mountain Crest Wards

So South, Meadows and Lone Mountain Stakes are here in Vegas. I know some families here who have sons in the Ohio mission but I don't recognize Larsen.

and the triangle with our hands... think about it, I'm in the Lone Mountain zone. There really is a lone mountain here. It's this little mountain apart from the all the other ridiculous ginormous mountains that surround us. And of course I flash my cards. I'm known throughout the mission as the magician. I'll send some more pics today. That was our whole zone picture that we took right before transfers. That was awhile ago so I'll send a recent one.

So this week things have been picking up. We got another new investigator! Her name is Christina. She is 9 years old. Her parents have been putting off getting her baptized because her father wants to baptize her. He has some things he needs to take care of with the Bishop first, but in the meantime we have starting teaching her. We had a great first lesson with her. It amazes me how much these kids understand all of this--and accept it. We are teaching 3 investigators now. Jackie, Michaela and now Christina. They are all 9-10 years old and I'm amazed how much they are grasping all of this. Sometimes when we are teaching it looks like they tend to zone out. But when we ask them questions they give great answers. I've learned a lot from these wonderful children. The spirit of Christ shines forth from them.
We may have to push back Jackie's baptism because she may need some additional preparation. We need to make sure that she is fully ready to make this sacred covenant. We've planned a great FHE for them tonight that I'm really looking forward to.

Thank you for your support and prayers. I definitely need them. I love you.

Love
Elder Richards

P.S. 38 lol

No comments:

Post a Comment