Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Fish heads, fish heads, rollie, pollie fish heads

Hey, sorry I didn't get to email yesterday and I'm kinda pressed for time now.

Anyway the Church is true again, I am no longer the District Leader. I got transfered to Sparks, NV. I'm only about 10 mins away from my last area. But now I'm on bike in one of the hardest bike areas in the Mission. It's brutal. We have alot of hills and mountains in this area. But at least it's starting to warm up and I'm not in Vegas for the summer on bike. Remember that funny line I told you that Reno is so close to hell you can see Sparks. Well now I'm in Sparks so I'm even closer to hell haha.

Before I left we were able to have the baptism for Jim Farley. That guy is so legit. He had his member friend from Sparks come down to baptize him. They are like super old and the guy performing the baptism messed up a couple of times so we had to dunk Jim 3 times haha. He thinks we planned it. I love that guy. I'm not too far away though so he said he will visit me sometime. Sister McCombs wasnt able to be baptized because she is having a tough time with the pregnancy.

Mary and Micah are doing good. They accepted to be baptized. They don't have a date yet but I hope I stay here long enough to come to the baptism. Mary reminds me of a female Chris Farley she acts and looks like him. she is so cool. I miss them already.

The Wanlasses made a great dinner for me. My favorite actually. I saw them bring it out and I knew exactly what they did. I knew that they called my Mom and asked what my favorite meal was for my going away supper. It was gooood. The funny thing though is that yesterday here in Sparks I had the same thing! It was such a blessing. yum

Those were really great dinners but guess what dinner I had with the Spanish Missionaries a couple days ago. We didn't have a dinner scheduled so the Span Ams let us come to theirs. Well we got there and the member put a steaming soup in front of us. It looked good and we were spooning around and all the sudden a fish head popped up. It was, no lie, the size of my fist. We had fish head soup. Not just fish soup. No that would be too normal. They gave us fish HEAD soup. It was looking at me with its crazy eye. It's jaw was still flapping. This thing looked like a Piranha. It had teeth and everything. When it first came up, I thought it was still alive. That is the craziest dinner I have had on the mission so far. I'm never eating with the Span Ams ever again.
Oh and right after that we went to Ju Jitsu class and practiced Nage Te (throwing Techniques)for 2 hours what a night.

Well, the Church is still true, despite what the members feed us. haha. love ya

Elder Richards
By the way my companion's name is Elder Fish. Coincidence? I think not!

No comments:

Post a Comment