Monday, March 29, 2010

My companion is a genius

Hey

Sorry I wasn't able to email last week. I was just about to then some stuff came up and I had to run.

First
What is Ben's Missionary email? and let me know where Chris is going.

Mom, you didn't miss Temple day. It is only once every 3 months. It's next transfer around mid April. I will give you the heads up. I may be getting transfered before then so I might not be able to go to the Temple anyway. There's a good chance that I will get transfered. Relax, I will let you know. relaaaaaxxxx. :)

Funny story about Luke, Jeff and Brian. Geez those idiots. Everyone knows your supposed to check for an alarm system before you break into a place. Gosh. I thought I told them that before. And why are they going to court? Ridunkulous.

I might be sending some stuff home because I dont feel like carrying it around with me. So if you get a package, just put it with my other stuff in the attic. I have a member in our ward who works for FedEx so he can get me a discount. Don't worry about it.

We went hiking today. It was sick with it. Next p-day we are totally going to Lake Tahoe. I'll send some pics home. Which reminds me, could you send me the third card and I'll send you my other one please?

I got a new bed. It's awesome. No more sleeping on the floor. yay

We weren't able to do the baptism this week. Sister McCombs still wants to be baptized but she had to change the date to mid April. She is doing well though. I dont know if I told you but she is pregnant. Funny story. I wrote President McCraken and told him that one of our investigators is pregnant and asked him if we should still baptize her because of the baby. I wrote about Moroni 8, how baby baptisms are an abomination in sight of the Lord. I told him that I really wanted Sister McCombs to be baptized but that I didn't want to condem myself in the process by baptizing the baby too. I look forward to his response in our President interviews Haha.

The Sparks NV Stake did a little mini-mission in Reno. It was only for a day but i felt like I was training all over again, geez. It was cool though. I had a great experience serving with Elder Seth Ross. We went tracting and this old lady answered the door. She looked terrible. She was on oxygen and everything. We asked her if there was anything we could do for her and she said "cure my cancer" then shut the door on us. Balderdash. But then a couple more doors down I felt prompted to go back. So I followed the prompting, of course, and we knocked again.
When she opened, I boldly told her that we were sent from God and that if she had Faith in Jesus Christ she could be healed of her cancer. She was a taken aback and was a little nicer to us. She said that she prays and does believe in God. We gave her a pass along card and told her to go to the website. It was a cool experience.

Elder Farnsworth and I had a combined District meeting last week. It was sick with it.{editors note: "sick with it" means something good} The subject was on asking. We went to this member's house/castle--we called it the land of Asck. The crown jewels went missing and the missionaries had to ask suspects different questions to find where they are and who did it. It was cool. The house was huge. We weren't allowed to go inside it but we were allowed to go in the Hobbit Hole in the backyard. No joke, these members have a legit Hobbit Hole replica from Lord of the Rings. It was sick {there is that "sick" word again} I will send the pics later.

I have a favor to ask of you. Robin Eleen is going through a really rough time. She hasnt been to Church in 2 weeks and she hasn't been returning calls. We coincidently (yeah right) ran into her on Sunday while making a visit. She didnt give me any details about what was going on, but she did say that she would come to General Conference next week. She needs your prayers please.

Thank you for everything. I love ya. Sorry my email is so long

Elder Richards

PS the reason for the subject title is because Elder Marsh kicked open our front door and broke it. It was kinda cool though. Like Hollywood. We had a member glue it up and pinned it for us so it's all good. I was worried that we would have to get a new door. Bro Carruth saved my companion.

No comments:

Post a Comment