Monday, March 1, 2010

Funny Quote

Funny quote : Reno is so close to hell that you can see Sparks! (Sparks is a city in NV on the border of Reno by the way)

question: is Ben in the MTC yet?

Yo

Living the dream here in Reno. Funny story. We only get a certain amount of miles every month. So it was the end of the month and we were almost out of miles. I called Elder Elsworth (the driving coordinator) and asked him if we could get a couple more miles for the month. Well, he said no. So we had to break out the bikes for a couple of days. And coincidentally, it was the windiest day of the transfer, no joke. It was ridiculous. I was loving it. It was wicked hard but so worth it. We had to bike to the bottom of our area to visit Frank. It was a really good visit. He loves to tell us stories. This time he told us how he was the fastest kid in school because he was always running from bullies. He is black so the white kids always tried to pick on him. But they could never catch him. One time his mom told him to take a stand. He punched the kid in the face and he ran home crying. Frank felt good and that's when he decided to become a boxer. And he was very good too. He always has a good story to tell. We don't say much, which was a good thing because we were so tired. The wind just would not stop blowing us back. Elder Marsh struggled with it becasue it was his first time on a bike in the mission. He borrowed a really crappy bike, too, so he couldnt pedal well. He was miserable. haha It reminded me of my first day on bike. Good times. And we didnt go over miles this month!

I went to the chiropracter this week and he realigned my back and neck for me. It was my first time and it was pretty amazing. Bro Nightengale said I should have been in there awhile ago. Everything was cracking like crazy. It's because of turning my head too much (deaf ear) and my bed. He is trying to find someone with a good bed because mine is trash from all the missionary usage.

We had a great lesson with the McCombs ( a part member family). We should be setting Sis McComb with a baptismal date pretty soon. yay!

That was my week.
transfers are coming up this weekend. I will probably stay here to finish training Elder Marsh. yay! love ya.

Elder Richards

No comments:

Post a Comment