Monday, October 19, 2009

Mormonaries

Subject line: What's with these homies dissing the truth?


Hello (hello) hello (hello), we welcome you today.

We had a very successful week. We had a lot of lessons last week and it felt good. My feet don't feel so good but it's worth it.

We had a great lesson with Papa Joe. He is way cool and funny. We were teaching him the plan of salvation and about the 3 kingdoms. We told him how the scriptures compare the Celestial kingdom to the sun and he said he didn't want to go there because it sounded like hell. Haha, he was just joking but I laughed out loud. It was funny. We taught him the 3rd lesson (the Gospel of Jesus Christ) a couple days ago. We also taught him the Word of Wisdom. He had some issues there so we had to push back his baptismal date to Nov 7th. He's doing good though. He called me and told me that he hasn't smoked in 4 days now. He is a great guy and he will make a great member of the Church. He is excited to be baptized. The only thing he worries about is the calling that comes afterward, haha.

We also taught a guy named Antonio who has just been waiting to be baptized. He has been on parole and he can't wait till he's off it so he can be baptized. He has been taught the lessons like 4 times and knows it's true and wants to change. So we are teaching the lessons to him again until he can be baptized on Nov 27.

I don't know if I already told you this but the wedding went well but she has kinda dropped off the face of the earth since then. We went over to her house but she couldn't let us in because her and her family all have Swine Flu. That reminds me. Mission Medical wants all the missionaries to take the flu shot and the Swine Flu shot but we had to ask our parents first. It's $25 each. What do you think. I heard that the Swine Flu vac has mercury in it? umm... Should I do it?

We climbed Red Rock last week for pday with a member. It wasn't like rock climbing more like hiking so its OK. I'm not breaking any rules doing that. We are just BRTing with the member and trying to get his butt on a mission. I think it's working. He likes to hang out with us. I got some sweet pics that I'll send soon. That was a sick mountain.

We met a kid named Skylar from Ohio. We were just walking along (ugh, no bike) and we started talking and he mentioned he was from Cleveland. I was like, cool, I'm from Cincinnati. Then he let us in his home to teach him. Sweet. We taught him a little about the restoration and the Plan of Salvation and we had a return appointment but that fell through. But we are going back later.

We caught a huge desert lizard the size of my hand and a couple of black widows. They look cool.

We were given a new nickname the other day by a less active member. "Mormonaries" haha, I like it.

As you can see we had a very busy, tiring but successful week. I've changed alot this past week. Spiritually and physically. Touchin has me on this sit up program that will get me a 6 pack in 3 months. I don't think its true so I'm just doing it to see if it works. It's only been a week but Touchin says I'm getting harder. I don't think I believe him though.
Anyway, I love you. The Church is true. God lives. Christ lives and he is our Savior. Hurrah for Israel!

Love
Elder Richards

PS Heather didn't send me the blog. That doesn't surprise me that Kristen would do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment