Monday, October 12, 2009

I will never complain about riding a bike ever again.

Subject line: and will you tell all your friends, the Gospel has been restored


Hey,

Sorry i have been writing small letters lately. We can't reserve computers so we have to use the 15 min computers. But today get a full hour, yay.

My neck is fine now. Elder Touchin gave me a blessing and it's all good now. He got his cast last week but still no bike so we are walking. President cant find us a car. Members give us rides every now and then but we are usually on foot. I will never complain about riding a bike ever again.

I thought of something interesting though. We are representatives of Jesus Christ. During his earthly ministry he didn't have a car, or even a bike. He WALKED 40 miles to John to be baptized by him because he held the Priesthood authority. I told my companion this and he said,"You're right. We are true disciples of Christ now." We aren't boasting though. That wouldn't be the Christ-like thing to do.

The wedding went well. It's my first wedding on the mission. Now that she is married she is eligible for baptism. She so excited too. She wants to be baptized as soon as possible. We are going to have to re-teach her the lessons though. Ugh and she lives far away and we are on foot. Oh well, more blessings for us.

I'll pray for Scott. Tell him to pray too. Has he been going to church? That can only help his back.

Anyway, I love my new companion, I love the work and I love you. Keep praying for me. The Church is true. Hurray for Israel!

Love,
Elder Richards

No comments:

Post a Comment