Monday, July 5, 2010

Happy 4th of July to you too!

We met the new Mission President. President Black is really cool actually. He hasn't said we need to part our hair yet so that's a good sign. He's got a sense of humor. I still don't know much about him. But I support him in the changes that probably will take place. I know that he is inspired of the Lord.

We had a pretty sick 4th of July. And yes, people do grill outside in Vegas. They just wait for the sun to go down a little bit so that the temperature gets a little below 100; then they grill. And then they jump in the pool haha. Oh, by the way, Elder Sellers says that its grilling not BBQ. It's so funny because when the members say they are going to BBQ for us, he gets there and is disappointed. Apparently its BBQ when it's pulled pork but if it's anything else like hamburgers or hot dogs, it's grilling. Elder Sellers is so funny. Anyway, like I said, 4th of July is sick with it here. We drove to the top of our area and we saw the whole valley being lit up with fire works. I got some pics but it just isn't the same as being there. I'm telling you. Las Vegas knows how to celebrate Independence Day.

Everyone here has prison walls around their yards. The downside is that it's hard to keep grass growing because it's so freaking hot. And the yards are usually really small. But hey if you want privacy, Vegas is the perfect place to go. It's hard for little kids to get over those prison walls.

We had a good week. We taught 12 lessons this week. It started out kinda rough but then it really picked up. On Wednesday when we had a great lesson with the Ogdens, a less active family. I was feeling kinda down for some reason but then we watched the Prophet of the Restoration with the Ogdens. Three things happened. 1. the Spirit was so strong that all of my depression was completely extinguished. 2. My testimony of the prophet Joseph Smith grew exponentially. 3. My desire for the work shot up tremendously. I felt like I did when I first came out. I felt the strong greenie fire fill me up and I was pumped. Then we had a great week :)

I know that this Church is true. I have seen the gospel bless so many lives. I didn't convince anyone. They had to find out for themselves. Just like the rest of us. If you would like to know for yourself that the restored Gospel is true, you don't have to go far. It's the distance from your knees to the floor.

Shall we not go on in so great a cause?

Elder Eichards

No comments:

Post a Comment