Monday, November 29, 2010

Winner! Red Rock!

I found out what I wanted for Christmas. I want a electronic whoopee cushion and the "bop it" game. haha.

Whats this balderdash about me getting transferred on the 15th? Transfers aren't until the 28th. Anyway my address now is 9424 Quail Ridge Dr. Las Vegas NV 89134.

I will include Aunt Joyce in my fast.

And since Keith isn't coming home for Christmas, I will need his number so I can call him. And yes, I can do that.

This week was both good and bad. We were even more sick all week. I got my companion sick too, hehe. It was not on purpose but it's only fair. Companions need to be unified right? He was very grumpy though. hehe.

Thanksgiving was really cool. Really cool. Cold that is. We had the mission turkey bowl again. I was still recovering from being sick and I hurt my knee pretty good during practice so I only played a little bit. The field was wet because some one had the sprinklers running when we pulled up. It iced over so I was trippin all over myself. It was a lot of fun though. The Red Rock zone won the turkey bowl. yay.

I've learned to love this zone now. I'm grateful for this zone. The spirit of Thanksgiving taught me that. I won't lie, I was VERY upset when I heard I was getting transferred. I felt like I didn't belong in Red Rock right now. I felt like I did when i was transferred from Reno to Sparks. It just didn't feel right. But now I know that this is where the Lord needs me. I'm in the right place and I know that whatever happens to me, whether I finish here or I get transferred somewhere else... it's what the Lord wants for me. I'm very grateful for that knowledge. It's comforting to know that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ are aware of me and are guiding me with the Holy Ghost. They know me by name and love me. and you.

I wanted to share something else that i came across in my studies. I
looked up prayer in the Bible Dictionary and it said that "many prayers remain unanswered because they are not of the mind of Christ. Some prayers spring from the selfishness of man's heart." It made me think and ponder " what would Christ pray for?" He would pray for all of us. We read in 3 nephi when Christ appears to the Nephite people and is about to leave them, the people are very sad. They didn't want Him to leave. He felt their love and he sets aside his divine agenda to tarry with them and bless their children. He prays with them and for them. It says that they could not write the words which he spake but that the multitude bore witness of it. The perfect prayer. whoa. That's legit. I'm striving for that perfection in all that I do. I'm doing my best and I'm coming along very, very slowly but I know that through Christ that I can achieve it someday.

I truly do love you all. Truly. I hope you all had a spectacular Thanksgiving. booyah.

love,
Elder Richards

No comments:

Post a Comment