Monday, September 13, 2010

I need new white shirts. Mine are nasty.

Funny I was reading your email and I thought it said that Aunt Joyce's leg got amputated.

I would prefer letters because I only get an hour on the computer and by the time I read them all I would be out of time. balderdash.

I really don't like pride. I've been reading the BOM and the pride cycle is so evident from our point of view. It's so ridiculous. Sometimes I just want to yell at the Nephites. But I understand why they don't see it. It was a gradual change over a period of time. They wouldn't notice it. Then they get to the point where the Lord needed to humble them. I kinda imagine it this way. The Lord has this big computer screen and he's looking over all of us on the earth. And we have these pride meters. When the pride meter gets too high, Heavenly Father pushes a big red button labeled "HUMBLE". I imagine him saying " Elder Richards you're getting kinda prideful down there, how about I just... BEEP. BOOM! There it is, I get humbled. I'm on my knees begging for forgiveness (NOTICE: this is not doctrine.)

Looking back I've seen how much I've changed since I started out. My goodness it's a big leap. And it flew past me. I didn't really notice it. Now I look back and seen how I've changed. I've been doing that a lot lately. Just reflecting back on what I've learned. All the good experiences, and all the not so good experiences. It's just so awesome how the Lord molds us and shapes us into the people that we are now. Everything He does is for our good. Making us stronger people, children, and saints as we sojourn here in this mortal existence. I would not trade all the experiences I've had for anything. Count your blessings.. name them one by one.

He is Risen.

Elder Richards

No comments:

Post a Comment