Monday, December 21, 2009

Somebody took a huge bite out of my pickle then threw it away.

Hey

I'm in Reno now covering the Mount Rose and South Meadow Wards. The ride up here was ridunkulous. It's so looooong. The only exciting thing that happened was that Elder Checketts got pulled over on the way here. haha I got some good pictures of that. Other than that, the scenery was nice... a nice big flat desert..... so cool. At least I get a white Christmas. There is plenty of snow here. I'm lovin it and I'm lovin the car.

I met some old friends up here and my new companion. Elder Smith is an interesting character. He wants to be a magician when he gets off his mission. He has potential but right now we've got to focus on the work.

The work here is a little slow but we are trying hard to build it back up. We do have a couple of investigators though. There is a really sweet lady we are teaching named Susan. She really nice and always smiling. I'm not sure if she's all there, but she wants the lessons. She loves having us over.

Well, that's pretty much it. For now I'm just trying to get settled in and get familiar with my new area. The Church is the same here in Reno too! It must be true. One Lord, one faith, one baptism. So there must be one church. The truth is restored!

love
Elder Richards

PS can i get some stamps?

No comments:

Post a Comment