Sunday, May 3, 2009

The Sisters do.

May 3, 2009 from the MTC

Dear Family,

Today is our first Sunday here at the MTC. We are only allowed to write our families on Sunday and P-day and I have a lot more time this time. The last letter I sent wasn't very good because I ran out of time.

Life at the MTC is getting better. The first 3 days were so confusing and my companion (Elder Warner) and I kept getting lost and turned around. But we are doing much better now.

Our district has grown closer together. We shared stories and got to know one another. It helped me a lot because I'm the District Leader and I have been wanting to know the other Elders.

Our teachers are great. Sister Baxter is from England and her father is a General Authority. She is super cool and a great teacher. I have learned so much from her and Brother Crooks. Brother Crooks is always smiling. He is really cool and funny. He served in the Cincinnati, Ohio Mission a year ago. He has served in our Ward too, but I don't really remember him and he doesn't remember me. That reminds me. In my classroom we found Elder Higgins signature under a desk. I know it was him because under his name he wrote Cincinnati, Ohio Mission. Ha, ha, say Hi to him for me.

It's so weird not being able to shake other peoples' hands. Wow. When they first told me I thought it was a joke. But that cursed Swine Flu...I don't think anyone has it but they don't want to risk it here. There are hand sanitizer things all over the place and Elder Warner and I made a goal to use every one of them. Ha, ha. I know it's not realistic, but almost none of the Elders use them. The Sisters do.

That reminds me, does Lisa or Beth know whether Christina Dunaway is still here? I can't find her.

Love,

Elder Richards

No comments:

Post a Comment