Wednesday, February 2, 2011

ooo rah!

Hey,

We went to the Temple today. That’s why I didn’t get to email on Monday. I got the names from last time done so I’ll be sending those shortly. It was a good experience as always. It was a good time to clear my head and recommit myself to the work and help the family in the process. I also got permission to attend the sealing session for the Spilsburys. It was a wonderful experience and one that I won’t forget. That was the first live sealing session I’ve ever been to. Before the sealing of the Spilsburys, we also got permission to participate in the sealing of Sister Spilsburys Father to his parents. That was something new that I haven’t been able to do on my mission before. We are allowed to stand in proxy for the children but we cannot stand in proxy as husband and wife. So Bro and Sis Spilsbury sealed her grandparents together then i was given the honor to stand in proxy as her dad. I felt very privileged to be a part of that wonderful event and like I said before its one experience that I won’t forget. Sis Spilsbury won’t let me forget it either because she kept calling me Dad. Ha-ha that’s Sis Spilsbury for ya.


Here is something new that the Church is doing. The Brethren have instructed us to study mormon.org 1 hour a week during ineffective proselyting time. We have been asked to make a profile on mormon.org and share our testimony and experiences. It’s been a wonderful opportunity to speak out and declare our witness of what we know to be true. So if it’s so important for missionaries to create a profile then it brings a great responsibility for you as well. I strongly encourage you to go to mormon.org and surf around. See what the website has to offer, read the testimonies of others and then create your own profile. You can attach your profile to Facebook. It’s so easy to get out there and let everyone know what you believe and why you believe it.
So in the words of Elder Rice "Make it happen."

Transfers coming up and I'm probably staying. We will see though. You never know.

Love, Elder Richards

PS Cool story. Remember back a long long time ago when was in the MTC for the first time? I know it’s hard to remember back that far. Anyway I told you about the first Elder I talked to there. His name was Elder McClellan. He is from Vegas going to Ohio on his mission. Well I met his parents a couple weeks ago. Ha-ha. I saw them at the temple today too and they told me how he wrote home about me when he went to the MTC. His parents were excited that i had met him. Anyway it is a really small world.

No comments:

Post a Comment